I would be lying if I said there was anything I ate for dinner more than sweet potato. Our household must go through 1-2 kilos of sweet potato per week. We went to a friend’s house for lunch last weekend who pointed to a potato – my 3 year old didn’t know what it was but could pick a sweet potato from a mile off!
1 sweet potato – whatever size you feel hungry enough to eat!
1 handful cauliflower, steamed for 2-3 minutes
1 handful radicchio, chopped into fine strips
1 tablespoon parmesan or grana padano, finely grated
½ small red chilli
¼ cup parsley
- heat oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius. You know your oven better than me!
- I tend to cut the bottom of the sweet potato flat so it doesn’t keel over once you have put the toppings on. Also cut out a lengthways ‘V’ that you can put the other veggies into
- Set the timer for 1 hour, put the sweet potato in the oven
- While the sweet potato is in the oven, steam the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes, chop the radicchio & parsley & grate the parmesan
- When cooked, turn the oven to grill – around 200 degrees Celsius
- Pop the cauliflower, radicchio, parsley & chilli in the sweet potato & top with parmesan
- Pop under the grill for about 5 minutes & then it’s ready to eat.