Fritters are one of the easiest meals to prepare & are a great way to get veggies into kids! It is also a meal you can prepare very quickly
1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed really well
1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
1 carrot, grated
1/2 zucchini, grated
1/2 cup broccoli, steamed for 2 minutes
2 tbspns flour of choice (gluten-free / wholemeal)
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1. Cook quinoa. Drain any excess liquid & allow to cool
2. Steam broccoli for 2 minutes then drain immediately & allow to cool
3. Grate zucchini & carrot, then put in a mixing bowl.
4. Throw chickpeas, eggs & cooled broccoli in food processor – blend but don’t purée.
5. Pour lumpy mixture into bowl w carrot & zucchini, then stir.
6. Tip in quinoa & stir again.
7. Slowly pour in flour & mix gently.
1. Heat up a pan w oil of your choice (coconut / olive)
2. Spoon in fritters, flip once & drain on paper towel