I just made this salad up with what ingredients I had at home…..This was enough for 2 people (or in my case for me only for lunch & dinner!)
1/2 cup quinoa (I used tricoloured but any type is fine)
1 medium red capsicum/pepper
1 cup pumpkin
1 large Dutch (purple) carrot
1 cup parsley
1/2 tbspn sunflower seeds
1/2 tbspn parmesan
1. Roast the capsicum: 180 degrees Celsius. Most people just wrap in foil w olive oil but I don’t like foil touching my food (weirdo?!) so I lay a piece of foil in a baking tin, then lay a piece of baking paper on top, throw the capsicum in & then squeeze up so it’s wrapped like an untidy present. Cook for 45 mins.
2. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, line a tray w baking paper & cook for 45 mins @ 180 degrees Celsius.
3. While capsicum & pumpkin are in the oven, cook your quinoa. I did 1/2 cup quinoa + 1.5 cups water, simmered for 15 mins then take off the stove & put straight in a bowl so it stops cooking.
4. If you’ve still got some time to kill w veg in the oven, chop the parsley & peel & slice the Dutch carrot
5. Stir parsley into quinoa. It will almost look like tabbouleh.
6. When pumpkin cooked, take out of oven & throw straight into the bowl
7. Capsicum can cool a bit then be sliced into strips & thrown into the bowl.
8. Throw in the sliced purple carrot
9. Grate some parmesan over the top – (the saltiness is needed as capsicum & pumpkin are so sweet.)
10. Scatter some sunflower seeds on top for a great crunchy texture