I have been craving gingerbread for about 2 weeks & randomly came across a recipe which I then refined – typically as I didn’t have all the required ingredients & needed to make them NOW!
1 1/4 cups almond meal
1/4 cup buckwheat flour (I make my own by throwing buckwheat into a spice grinder until a flour consistency) **if you have enough almond meal, I would recommend it in place of the buckwheat flour- I just didn’t have enough at the time.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
1 egg white
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn ginger
1/2 tspn nutmeg
1. Throw dates, almond meal, buckwheat flour, cinnamon & nutmeg in a food processor for 15-20 seconds
2. Add in olive oil, rice malt syrup & egg white then blend again until a soft dough consistency
3. Put in an oven tray lined with baking paper.
4. Put in the fridge for 1 hour
5. Turn the oven to 150 degrees
6. Remove from fridge & break pieces off then roll into balls in your hand & place on a clean piece of baking paper & squash down by hand or with a fork
7. Bake for 25 minutes
ICING: see recipe titled “raw vegan ice magic”