My Mum & I have been making variations on this salad for about 10 years now. Yes, it contains gluten but still tastes light. It works with any greens, especially snow peas, asparagus & zucchini.
1 cup couscous – pour 1.5 cups boiling water over couscous in a heat proof bowl & sit a plate over the top to keep heat in1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn cinnamon
1 rosemary twig
1 cup silverbeet
1/2 cup basil leaves
**optional: dried chilli flakes x 1 teaspoon
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Throw sweet potato cubes in the oven & set the timer for 45 minutes
3. boil the kettle then pour 1.5 cups boiled water onto 1 cup couscous & leave to absorb.
4. Wash the silverbeet, then roughly chop. Turn on the stove & throw silverbeet into a hot frying pan. The water from washing sould be sufficient (no need to add more water). Stir constantly until wilted then remove from heat.
5. in a large mixing bowl, stir couscous, silverbeet, roast sweet potato
6. top with fresh basil leaves
2 thoughts on “Couscous salad | vegan”
Oh that looks delicious! Anything with sweet potatoes is a winner.
Totally agree – sweet potato is my most utilised vegetable! Have a great day 🙂