This is another massive salad made for a family meal with my Mum, Dad, brother & sister.
This enormous salad bowl (approx 50cm diameter) was a Christmas present from my brother – meant to put all salad ingredients in, then toss & put in a more suitable bowl for the table but of course, this bowl has already ended up on the table almost every night since Christmas!
INGREDIENTS – feel free to make up your own proportions, this is just an ingredient combination which worked well.
Half block haloumi (you can buy from Coles or Woolworths)
1 medium sweet potato, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into semi-circular pieces
20 green beans, cut in half, then steamed for 2 minutes
6 asparagus stalks, steamed for 2-4 minutes
1 handful mint
1 handful parsley
4-5 cups mixed lettuce of your choice
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Throw sweet potato on an oven tray & drizzle w olive oil then set the timer for 45 minutes.
3. steam the asparagus for 2-4 minutes, then let it cool
4. steam the beans for 2-4 minutes, then let them cool
5. once you have removed the sweet potato from the oven, let it cool slighltly while pan-frying the haloumi (this needs to be the last ingredient in)
6. throw all ingredients in a big salad bowl, top w haloumi & sprinkle over the mint & parsley. Serve immediately!