I decided on Sunday after being given a gorgeous Kikki K meal planner book, I would do exactly that – plan my meals & actually follow them. It lasted approximately 1 day before I digressed…& this is the result
INGREDIENTS – this makes enough for about 4 people (translation 2 people in our house…)
8 free-range eggs
1/4 cup grated cheese such as Parmesan to add some saltiness (Optional)
1/2 cup baby peas
1 cup rocket
1 tbspn rosemary, slightly dried
Chilli, to taste
HOW TO GET TO THE FINISHED PRODUCT
1. Whisk up eggs & ricotta for no more than a minute
2. Throw in grated cheese if using
3. I did a very unladylike job of tipping a teaspoon of olive oil in each of the little casserole dishes (approx 15cm diameter each) then using my fingers to ensure the oil was spread all over the dishes so the pastry wouldn’t stick.
4. I would love to say to delicately place the pastry in the dishes but I did get each piece in eventually, with no holes – just fold the edges over.
5. Tip the egg & ricotta mixture in, then add the peas, rocket & rosemary.
6. Pop in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees – you may need to put some foil over the top to prevent it going too dark
Eat straight away!