I often make chickpea fritters for my kids – it’s easy & I can hide whatever veggies in there without them noticing (so long as they aren’t too green…) but tonight I only had lentils so here goes with yet another of my free styling dinners
Serves 3 (ok, so me & my 2 kids but probably average 3 adults)
1 tin lentils
2 eggs (use chia eggs my vegan friends)
1/4 cup gluten-free flour (I used buckwheat, but if you prefer, just use plain flour)
1/3 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
1/4 cup baby peas
A NOTE ON THE VEGGIES: use whatever veggies you want – steamed sweet potato, mashed steamed broccoli are also good.
1. Empty the tin of lentils into a colander. Rinse thoroughly. Let excess water drain off them.
2. In a food processor, blend lentils, 2 eggs & any veg that need blending
3. Tip mixture into a mixing bowl. Add flour & mix.
4. Pan fry lentil fritters in your preferred oil.
5. Drain excess oil on paper towel after removing from pan
6. Assemble & eat asap!