I have to admit having always loved the spinach & cheese combo – who doesn’t love spanakopita (although maybe half the fun is just in saying the word).
I didn’t make the pastry but I do read the ingredients to check no dodgy ingredients.
3 kale leaves, off the stem & rinsed
2 silverbeet leaves, off the stem & rinsed
2-3 sheets puff pastry
**take pastry out of freezer 10 minutes before starting prep
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Throw all ingredients in the food processor & blend til well combined & no big chunks
3. Tip green mix into a bowl
4. Cut the pastry into 3 – it’s generally square so doesn’t need to be orientated a certain way.
5. Spoon the green mix to the centre near the top. Fold into triangle shape & keep folding til all enclosed then seal off the sides.
6. Put on a baking tray lined w baking paper. Set the timer for 15 mins but it may need up to 20 mins.