I thought I was so clever doing some vegetable prep for the week earlier this afternoon….then we got home from a swim & I ended up using most of it in my dinner. You can substitute the noodles for a gluten-free version.
Hakubaku udon noodles, 2 bunches – you’ll understand when you open the pack!
1/2 cup broccoli
3/4 cup green beans
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons coriander
2 tablespoons sesame oil
Dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli (optional – sprinkle to taste)
1. Cook udon noodles for 10 mins.
2. Chop broccoli into small pieces, beans in half, grate the carrot & shred the cabbage.
3. When the noodles have 2 minutes to go, throw in the broccoli & green beans.
4. Once cooked, strain through a colander & run cold water through. Once cool, tip noodles/beans/broccoli into a mixing bowl. Tip in sesame oil. Tip in carrot & cabbage. Toss with fingers. Add more sesame oil if required.
5. Tip mixture into a bowl, top with coriander, sesame & chilli