I love millet but until last night, I was hopeless about cooking it.
1/2 cup millet
1/2 lemon (to be used for dressing)
1 tablespoon olive oil (for dressing)
HOW TO COOK MILLET LIKE A PRO
1. Throw 1/2 cup of millet into a saucepan
2. Dry toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Pour in 1 1/4 cups water (it will spit). Bring to boil then lower heat to a simmer. Set the timer for 12 mins. Remove from heat. Let it sit 10 minutes with the lid on.
4. Chop parsley
5. Cut avocado in half, remove stone & scoop out flesh with a spoon.
6. Slice tomato
7. Once all items are in the bowl, squeeze over some lemon & drizzle over olive oil
As always, Himalayan pink salt, pepper & chilli to taste