Let me preface this post by saying Georgeats aka Georgia McDermott aka that chick who makes abso-f*cking-lutely everything she photographs & creates look amazing was my inspiration for this dish. I was up for a challenge & thought I could make her Rainbow Pie with buttery hazelnut crust.
A few minor obstacles in the first thirty seconds: no hazelnuts or hazelnut meal. Next was no pumpkin. Third is I am on a specialised food plan currently which means no dairy. No feta for me. Next is no chilli. I am also intolerant to onions. Sh*t, is anything going to be the same? Not really….unless you count that mine has eggs & a crust. Georgia your dish is the inspiration for mine, but mine looks pathetic in comparison to the vibrant colours of your rainbow chard (mine looked like a rainbow before I put them in the oven, then melted down to a murky pinky/brown by the time I excitedly pulled them out of the oven)
INGREDIENTS // CRUST
1 1/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup buckwheat flour (I just whizz up buckwheat groats in a spice blender)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 organic egg. Read the label peeps, free-range means nothing.
100g organic salted butter, melted
1 tbspn fresh rosemary
INGREDIENTS // FILLING
6 organic eggs
2 tbspns broccoli
1/4 cup rainbow chard, sliced
Handful spinach leaves
1/2 cup sweet potato, roasted in Rosemary
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Slice sweet potato, throw in the oven with a glug of olive oil, set the timer for 20 minutes.
2. While the sweet potato is in the oven, mix together the crust ingredients, then press into the tin/s. Of course I actually don’t have a pie tin either so I used two oversized ramekins, lined with baking paper.
3. Pull the sweet potato out of the oven, drop the temperature to 180 degrees celsius & throw in the pie crust. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
4. While the crust is in the oven, whisk up the eggs. Chop the chard & parsley. Try not to eat all the roast sweet potato.
5. Take out the crust, leave the oven on, throw in the egg filling with parsley & sweet potato, chard on top. Unlike me, put on a timer for 25 mins. Check it is cooked in the middle.