I am constantly on the look out for healthy recipes to fill the lunchboxes of my sons. Seeing as they have a combined 25 years (EEK!) of school remaining, it would surely be of benefit to find something easy that they enjoy, & can be popped in the lunchbox.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE, SUGAR-FREE
1 cup brown rice flour (I bought mine from Naked foods in Bondi Junction)
3 organic eggs
2 tbspns coconut oil
1.5 teaspoons vanilla powder (I use Heilala brand)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you prefer)
1 tspn bicarb
*Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
1. Throw carrots, bananas, vanilla & cinnamon in the blender until smooth
2. Pour carrot/banana mix into a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate small bowl, give the eggs a light whisk with a fork for about 10-20 seconds.
4. Pour eggs into carrot/banana mix, then add rice flour & bicarb.
5. Pour into muffin moulds & put in the oven for 25 minutes. They will not brown like muffins containing dairy/gluten, so just pop your finger on top & see if you get any bounce back. Leave a bit longer if required.
I kept them in the fridge & they were fine for Monday to Friday