We are currently staying with my parents while we renovate – some amazing parts, some difficult. Free use of a Thermomix & never ending supply of fresh rosemary definitely land in the “pros” column!
1 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup cashews
1/3 cup (or a touch under) coconut flour
7 eggs (1 for crust / 6 for filling)
1/4 of a sweet potato
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 handful parsley
100g organic butter
3 sprigs Rosemary (or thyme)
- Slice mushrooms & sweet potato thinly
- Throw buckwheat groats, cashews & sunflower seeds in Thermomix. Whizz on about speed 8 for 15 seconds. Check the consistency & if similar to a flour, tip into a mixing bowl
- Throw Rosemary into the Thermomix & whizz on speed 10 for 15 seconds. Put in 100g organic butter. Set to 100 degrees for 1 minute on about speed 3. Check it’s melted, otherwise just do another 30 seconds
- Tip nut/seed flours back into the Thermomix, mix well & throw in one organic egg.
- Press down into a tin – I used a cake tin as I didn’t have a pie/quiche tin. Cook for 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- While the crust is cooking, blend 6 organic eggs with the baby spinach & parsley
- Slowly pour the egg/spinach/parsley mix into the crust, add the mushroom slices, sweet potato & olives
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180 degrees. Serve immediately, with a fresh green salad (simple dressing of olive oil & lemon compliments this dish well)