VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
Can be made nut-free / option of adding dairy or seafood
I could not get enough of this delicious salad. It’s one of those “what have I got in the fridge/pantry” combos after 2 long days of fun but exhausting family events….ah Christmas, I love you but I’m tired now….
2/3 cup quinoa (when uncooked)
2 medium carrots, grated
2 stalks kale, the leaf pulled off the stem
1 tspn nutritional yeast
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn chilli flakes
1/4 cup almonds
1 tbspn black & white sesame seed mix
1 avo, could be replaced with 2 soft boiled organic eggs, smoked trout, feta or a salmon fillet
- Cook 2/3 cup quinoa w 1 2/3 cup water
- Grate carrots
- Pull kale leaves off stem, wash, then chop finely & massage w 2 teaspoons olive oil & the sumac until it is a bit brighter green & doesn’t feel so rough.
- Throw almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 140 degrees Celsius with a touch of olive oil & a sprinkle of chilli
- Once the quinoa is cooked, remove from heat. Once it has cooled down, stir through cumin, nutritional yeast, carrots & kale.
- Tip onto a serving platter. Top with avo, sesame seeds & roast almonds