VEGETARIAN | GLUTEN-FREE | NUT-FREE | CONTAINS EGG & DAIRY
I won’t name names but about 10 years ago I texted someone & they called to ask what a “KWICHEE” was. Weird spelling, simple dish. In fact so simple that this bad boy only has 6 ingredients. Yep, we’ve supposedly got more time than ever on our hands but some people still don’t wanna slave in the kitchen over a gourmet meal.
150g buckwheat flour
75g butter, somewhere between fridge & room temp
50g water (I’m looking at you sticklers for the number of ingredients – water doesn’t count)
5 organic eggs
OPTIONAL ADD ONS
I used a ton of fresh herbs freshly picked from my garden – I put some thyme in the crust; as well as thyme & oregano in the egg mixture.
Parsley would be delicious in here.
Throw in a couple of sliced mushrooms.
Cracked pepper, garlic &/or chilli
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Grease or line your pie tin or whatever you have on hand – sometimes I make this in a cake tin
- Throw flour, butter & water in Thermomix (add any herbs if you like)
- speed 4, 20 seconds
- Spread the dough on the baking tin. Throw it in the oven for about 7-10 minutes
- Don’t bother rinsing out the thermo – throw in spinach, feta & eggs along with any herbs or extras
- Throw the thermo on speed 3 in reverse for 10 seconds. Check it’s well combined & if needed, whizz it a bit longer
- Take the dough out of the oven & spread the mixture evenly over the crust
- throw it back in the oven & set your timer for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is complete, give it a gentle wobble to check it’s cooked through. It should be pretty close – if not, turn the oven OFF & put it back in for a few minutes. There will be plenty of residual heat to finish the cooking off
Serve immediately with a chunky home made relish & a side of salad like radicchio & cos with an olive oil, ACV & dijon dressing.