6 INGREDIENTS | GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGETARIAN | CONTAINS NUTS & SESAME
These cookies turned out better than I ever expected. I don’t normally use honey in recipes so they were a little on the sweet side – feel free to substitute with something less intensely sweet. We had been given some honey so I thought why not! A word of warning that the mixture is super sticky – if you don’t like getting your hands dirty, this probably isn’t the recipe for you!
1 organic egg (approx 50g)
60g almond meal
1/2 tspn bicarb
Optional: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, purely for decoration
1. Turn on thermomix then blend tahini, honey & egg together for 5 seconds on speed 3.
2. Add almond meal, cacao & baking powder then blend 7 seconds speed 3 on reverse.
3. Tip sticky mixture into a mixing bowl with a plate on top (we try to minimise plastic use in our house so don’t use cling film)
4. Pop in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
5. Turn the oven on to 170 degrees celsius
5. Remove mixture from the fridge. It’s sticky! If you want to add sesame seeds, pour these onto the plate you used in the fridge (I’m all about minimising washing up).
6. Roll into balls then dip in sesame seeds if you want to use them, otherwise flatten onto the baking paper on the oven tray.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes
I found the texture quite fudgy, not at all crunchy or crumbly.