2 tspns apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup organic milk
2 cups wholemeal s-r flour
1 tspn baking powder
1tbspn organic butter
- Add the vinegar into the milk & set aside for 5 minutes, until the milk thickens (it looks bad, but is meant to be!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Sift the flour & baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips
- Add the milk to the flour mixture & stir quickly.
- Turn out into a floured surface, knead lightly & roll out to 2-3cm thickness.
- Use a round cutter & cut out the scones. They only need a small gap on the tray as they go up, not out once cooked.
- Using a small amount of milk, brush the tops of the scones
- Set the timer for 10 minutes. It may need 1-2 minutes longer.
Apologies for no photos with this one – I had a slight lapse where some photos weren’t saved….ahhh, technology! Good excuse to get back into the kitchen & make these for you